Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Found: Leather Huaraches

Back in the 1980's you could get these well made leather huaraches from Mexico at your local Target or Kmart at a very affordable price - usually under $10 at full retail. I remember I had three pairs, one each in emerald green, hot pink and mustard yellow. I word them till they virtually disintegrated! These days with most of their stock manufactured in China and usually of synthetic materials which don't last as long as genuine leather, it's a rare find to encounter a pair of leather huaraches... That being said and leather huaraches on my mind...
...Though these are Chinese made(sorry Mexico or even Brazil for that matter!)these white leather huaraches I just scored for a few bucks at a thrift take me waaaaay back to the 80's - they're really a sling-back adaptation with synthetic non-skid soles, whereas authentic huaraches are all leather. But, I think they're back!

No comments: